Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014 and Welcome New Beginnings.



Happy New Year and welcome new beginnings. 
 
And of course, I am going to do the usual New Year thing, but not as resolutions. Or goals. Or planning of any kind. I learned something simple and exciting from the marvelous Martha Beck. Her suggestion/instruction/advice? How do you want to feel this time next year? No, really. 
 
I tried it for a bit during the murk of the last few months. I needed something else. I decided that I wanted to feel satisfied. How do I feel when I finish something? How do I feel when I have had fun with friends? How do I feel after a good day at work? Satisfied. That's exactly how I feel now. Satisfied. 

And that is how I want to feel at the end of 2014. Satisfied and excited. Excited? Because I have all the adventures that leave me feeling satisfied to look forward to.
I am excited by what I have achieved and where it is sending me. New authors discovered. New publishers, book reviewing achieved, a collection published. All the Salon Scouts have had an interesting year, of course. New genres explored. New ways to make the world a better place.  You can expect to see us approach blogging a little differently this year, putting more energy in to match the energy in our off-line lives.
 
So, this time next year... How do you want to feel? Expectant?  Comfortable?  Happy?  And, yeah, “weird” can be a good thing to feel.

Meanwhile, Happy New Year from all of us at the Speculative Salon!!




5 comments:

Marilyn Muñiz said...

Happy New Year everyone!

I want to be happy this time next year. There isn't anything more I can ask for than happiness.

Rosi said...

Happy new year to all of you. Keep up the good work.

Erin Kane Spock said...

Satisfied is good. I also like the excitement of anticipation. And hopeful. Great idea. Resolutions make me focus on my failures more than my potential.
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I want to have that "Yeah!" feeling. Yeah, for all the wonderful people in my life. Yeah, for all my blessings. Yeah, for fulfilling my intentions. Yeah, because I'm alive.

Ella Gray said...

Happy New Year everyone!! This time next year I want to be exhausted and content after a year of working hard to accomplish many wonderful new things :)

I truly hope all your wishes for the new year come to pass!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...