Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Shoes For Every Genre

When I read Melanie's post yesterday, I instantly thought of a recent article that put a smile on my face. We've talked about being drawn to certain fairy tales and stepping into the shoes of our favorite childhood heroines, but these days we can go even further. Especially if your favorite princess is Cinderella, because thanks to designers like Marc Jacobs and Christian Louboutin, you can walk in her shoes any time you want.

Of course, if you're on a budget, you might want to check out the Glass Slipper Collection from DSW instead. They're all quite lovely, and it got me thinking how much their shoes can do a great job of helping heroines from almost any speculative genre stand out.

Sci-Fi Diva
Steampunk Girl

Fantasy Fairy
Lady Death

I could do this all day (really, I love me some shoes). A woman's shoes say a lot about her personality, and the same goes for characters of any gender or genre. Wear some special shoes today, be the heroine of your own story and really strut your stuff!

Cheers!
Ella

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...