Friday, September 21, 2012

Cartographer’s Guild


After many attempts of searching the internet for a cartography forum, I finally found one! It has been a task I thought I would never complete before I finished my novel. I’m sharing my find with everyone so no one has to go through the same trouble.

In my short time on the forum, Cartographer’s Guild is wonderful community to learn, share and talk about making maps. You can commission a professional to create a map for your novel or personal use. Using tutorials provided, you can create your own map for review or enter in their monthly challenge. An entire sub-forum for maps discussion for towns, building, regional, board games and more are available for your specific needs.Critiques are provided in this section as well. 

The best part of the site is the maps posted. Here are some of my favorite ones below:

Created By User:  LonewandererD

Created By User: jfrazierjr

Created By User: Sapiento

The maps above are the tip of what is available to view on the forum and I can't wait until I explore even more maps. When the time comes, the map of my fantasy will be created with the help of this forum.


Have some time this weekend? Take a look around and let me know what you found.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...