Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - After the Golden Age

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

~ Grab your current read
~ Open to a random page
~ Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
~BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
~ Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


It's not surprising since I love comics so much, that I've really gotten into superhero novels lately. I enjoyed a few of Carrie Vaughn's Kitty series, so I was thrilled to see this title from her. Here goes:

"You're angry," Celia said, trying to prompt a response.
"Of course I am! This is like finding out you're...you're----" Evidently, he couldn't think what it was like. "I mean, you're with the Destructor--"
"Was," Celia pointed out. "Was with him. Briefly."


~pg. 136, 'After the Golden Age' by Carrie Vaughn

Check this one out if you get a chance, guys! Leave a link to your teasers below, or just type them in the comments if you don't have a blog. 

2 comments:

Christine Rains said...

Oh, great teaser! I've not heard of this one. I definitely have to check it out. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog. :)

Aleksandra said...

Great teaser! I love superhero books, although I haven't read one recently & this one sounds good :) Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...