Tuesday, December 13, 2011

2011 Paranormal Indie Book List

It’s year’s end and time to look back on some of the favorite book releases of 2011. Considering all the fantastic small press and digital titles in the market right now, it's high time to give proper dues. I’ve made a list of some indie paranormal/urban fantasies that I thoroughly enjoyed this year, hopefully you all will too.

These are in no particular order, and this certainly does not cover nearly all of the wonderful new indie titles out there (we’ve had a few authors here in the Salon too, so check out our Guest page for more).

Ghouls Night Out (Larue Donavan Series) by Rose Pressey

Death’s Hand by S.M. Reine

Dragon Blues by Edie Ramer

Touch by Jus Accardo

No Hero by Jonathan Wood

A Modern Witch by Debora Geary

Trinity: A Brethren Novel by Deena Remiel

Airborne by Constance Sharper

Under the Moon by Natalie J. Damschroder

Coexist: Keegan’s Chronicles by Julia Crane

Piper’s Fury by Rachel Firasek

Moon Dance by J.R. Rain

If you have a small press title out this year (of any genre), or if you have more recommendations, please give a shout in the comments. Happy Holidays Indies!

7 comments:

RACHEL FIRASEK said...

Ella, thank you so much. Piper's Fury is my "precious baby" I seriously love that book. Thank you, thank you, thank you for loving it!

If I can do a shout out of my fave book this year, it would be "Poughkeepsie" from Debra Anastasia published by Omnific. Seriously---I will keep saying it---best book I've ever read.

Jodine Turner said...

what a great list and I look forward to reading each and every one of these books, including Rachel's recommendation.

thanks for the chance to add a shout for my Carry on the Flame series - Carry on the Flame: Destiny's Call has won four awards, including finalist in USA Books 'Best Books 2011" new age fiction. Carry on the Flame: Ultimate Magic just released. They're YA/adult urban fantasy, magic/visionary fiction novels.

thanks again,
Jodine Turner

Lisa Kessler said...

Great list!!! :)

My first novel was released this year too! Night Walker... Hope you'll check it out...

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Wow, Ella, thank you so much! I'm humbled to be in such great company.

Unknown said...

I see several of my favorite authors on the list. Congratulations everybody. Such an exciting achievement.

Ella Gray said...

Thanks for the recommendations everyone, and congratulations on so many great stories out this year!

Disgruntled Bear said...

We're pretty thrilled with Jennifer L. Armentrout's HALF-BLOOD, which came out in October. Greek gods, daimons, forbidden love--it's a great book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...